This year’s Open House will take place on Saturday, November 12, 2016, from 12 noon to 3 pm at the studio-gallery in Silvermine, 30 Borglum Road, Wilton, Connecticut (see directions below).
- See Carl Schmitt’s masterpiece, Boy with Cello (above) now restored to its original brilliance.
- CSF president Samuel Schmitt will introduce a new book by Carl Schmitt, The Conscience of Beauty, a collection of over 60 essays on art, the family, and culture, spanning 40 years of the artist’s life.
- Copies of the book, Carl Schmitt: The Vision of Beauty will be available at 25% off.
- Christmas cards and other gifts featuring beautiful paintings by Carl Schmitt will also be available for sale. Your purchase of these cards as well as the book benefits the CSF. Both are offered just in time for Christmas!
- As always, there will be plenty of opportunity to catch up with family and friends at the luncheon.
We’d be delighted to see you there!
Directions to the CSF studio-gallery:
From the Merritt Parkway (Rt. 15) Northbound: Take exit 39B to Route 7 north. At the end of the expressway, turn LEFT onto Grist Mill Rd. At the stop sign, turn RIGHT on to Belden Hill Rd. *At the first stop sign (3/4 mile) turn LEFT on to Seir Hill Rd. After 1/3 mile, take a RIGHT onto Old Boston Road and the second LEFT (after 1/3 mile) to stay on Old Boston Road. After the single lane bridge, take a SHARP LEFT on to Borglum Rd. The CSF studios are the third driveway on your right.
From the Merritt Parkway (Rt. 15) Southbound: Take exit 40B to Main Avenue north (the exit is marked “To Route 7 North”). At the bottom of the ramp, turn right, and after 3/4 mile, turn LEFT on to Grist Mill Rd. Go through the lights, and at the stop sign, turn RIGHT on to Belden Hill Rd. and the follow the directions as given for the Merritt Parkway Northbound from this point.*
From I-95 (Connecticut Turnpike) north or south: Take exit 15 to Route 7 north for 3½ miles to the end of the expressway; turn LEFT at the light onto Grist Mill Rd. At the stop sign, turn RIGHT on to Belden Hill Rd. and follow the directions for the Merritt Parkway Northbound from this point.*
From Route 7: Take Route 106 West (Wolfpit Rd.); after 2 miles (immediately after the sign for the school bus stop) turn LEFT onto Old Boston Rd. At the next intersection bear a gentle right onto Borglum Road. The CSF studios (#30) are the third driveway on your right.